Cincinnati OVI / DUI Attorneys
Don't Face Drunk Driving Charges Alone—Call (513) 657-2440!
OVI is a serious offense. Being convicted of such a crime can damage your future, resulting in a loss of driving privileges, fines, and even loss of employment in some cases. You cannot afford to go through this time without trusted defense!
Our Cincinnati OVI lawyers have more than three decades of combined experience and have former prosecutors on our staff. Patituce & Associates knows that Ohio enforces serious penalties for OVI, which is why our firm provides aggressive representation. We are here to protect your rights and your future.
If you have been arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated, call (513) 657-2440 to speak with a Cincinnati DUI attorney from our firm. We are respected throughout Ohio courtrooms!
Defending Accusations of Drinking & Driving
Just because you have been arrested or pulled over on suspicion of operation a vehicle intoxicated or impaired does not mean you are automatically guilty. Patituce & Associates is lead by a team of seasoned DUI lawyers in Cincinnati who can stand up for your rights during this time.
- Some of defenses to OVI charges include:
- Lack of reasonable suspicion for the traffic stop
- Insufficient evidence to require the defendant to take field sobriety tests (wrongful removal could lead to any evidence obtained after this point being dismissed)
- Incorrect field sobriety testing due to lack of training, qualifications, or instructions
- Inaccurate breath, blood, or urine sample / tests due to poor calibration, errors in the process, etc.
Helping Clients Get Favorable Results in DUI / OVI Cases
At Patituce & Associates, we know that clients often want to know how much DUI / OVI defense will cost and what it can do in their case. We know that you likely have similar questions following an OVI arrest.
It is important to know that no attorney can promise you certain results, however, you can judge the skill of a firm by their past results. Our Cincinnati DUI / OVI attorneys have had clients charges dismissed in the past. We have even recently been able to convince the court and prosecutors to dismiss such charges. Though highly difficult to do, our team has the skill and determination to follow through.
Penalties for OVI in Ohio
The legal limit in Ohio is a 0.08% blood alcohol level (BAC). If you are pulled over or stopped by a police officer and found to have a BAC level that exceeds this or is high enough to cause impairment, you could face serious penalties for DUI.
- DUI penalties are extremely serious, including:
- First OVI - Several days in jail, alcohol abuse program, and over a thousand dollars in fines
- Second OVI - Between 10 days and 6 months in jail, house arrest, and / or alcohol monitoring. Fines may reach up to $1,625.
- Third OVI - Up to 1 year in jail, with a minimum of 60 days for BACs of .17% or above. Fines can be as high as $2,500, in addition to payment for an alcohol treatment program. License may be lost for 2 - 10 years.
- Fourth OVI - As much as 5 years behind bars an $10,000 in fines, as well as surrendering the car driven by the defendant. Permanent license suspension may also be enforced.
If you are charged with multiple offenses within certain time period, you may be facing a felony. This could result in increased penalties.
Contact Our DUI Lawyers in Cincinnati
Being charged with DUI / OVI should not be taken lightly. Our Cincinnati OVI attorneys know how to thoroughly defend clients in the courtroom. We strive to obtain the best possible for our clients, whether this is their first offense or their third. As the lawyers who judges, prosecutors, and police officers turn to when they face legal trouble, we give our clients assurance and peace of mind.
Now is the time to discuss your OVI case in a FREE consultation. Call Patituce & Associates to speak with a Cincinnati DUI lawyer.
We Are Available 24/7.
We Are the Firm Other Attorneys, Police & Prosecutors Turn To.
Our Attorneys Have Taken Cases to Jury Trials Over 200 Times.
Our Lead Attorney Is A Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney.
Our Team Has Over 70 Years of Combined Experience.
We Offer No-Cost, Confidential Phone Consultations.